Acting = art as growth. As A great philosopher has said, ‘artistic growth is akin to opening a heavy metal inner door. An act more difficult than solving the scientific mysteries of the universe.’ Such a profound observation asks for our attention.
Maybe you’re a college student or someone who’s always looking to improve your acting skills.
You want to hone your craft and immerse yourself in new experiences. You want to learn more about the business of acting so you can hit the ground running when you graduate. Or advance your career quicker than you have been.
And, if you could get college credit for it during your summer off, well that would just be the icing on the cake.
This program is my pride and joy. I delight in collaborating with actors like you. I see it as my life’s work.
I want to help you improve as a person, artist and actor. This program does that and then some. It will prepare you for the real world of professional theatre.
We promise that when you have completed our summer program you will know it is one of the best acting programs in New York City and the country.
– Sabrina Fuchs
WHAT – The scene
A five-week intensive program designed to advance you in your overall acting ability and improve your acting instrument.
WHO – The players
- College and university students (who are at least rising Juniors)
- Actors already involved in the profession of acting looking to challenge themselves
- A combined enthusiasm and energy of college-aged actors with the maturity and experience of older actors for a great chemistry amongst all the participants
WHEN – The time period
- July 1st – August 2nd, 2018
- Class times – TBD
- Night time or matinee performance viewings
WHERE – The setting
- Larry Singer Studios in the heart of downtown Manhattan
HOW – The direction
- Classes include Scene Study, The Actor’s Body, Vocal Production and Improv
- Plus workshops to bolster your understanding of The Actor’s Career
- Group trips to various theatre productions
- Tours of New York to provide insight and education about NYC from the theatre professional’s vantage point
- Instructors that truly care about your growth and development as an artist
The Larry Singer Summer Conservatory is one of the very few Summer Programs that offers College Credit. Because of my affiliation with Muhlenberg College, one of the top rated theatre programs in the entire country (ranked #1 in the United States in 2011 by The Princeton Review) full credit for two courses will be applied if the participant so chooses. For most colleges, this is equivalent to six-eight college credits.
WHY – The objective
- To prepare future theatre artists, like you, for a challenging career choice by honing your talents
- To arm you with the tools and knowledge necessary to actually get work and treat your career like a business
- To create lasting relationships with fellow actors and establish a support system
- To give you a leg up on the competition
- To connect you with working professionals and start crafting business relationships so you can hit the ground running
Starring YOU! Ready to up your acting game in the Big Apple?
Learn how to use yourself no matter what the situation.