Why Should Larry Singer be considered one of the best acting teachers?
He has the track record that demonstrates his value; EVERY place he has taught, he has been invited to continue.
Breathe and live through the circumstances.
I started teaching by accident when some acting classmates saw my passion for this work and asked me to help them. That was nearly 30 years ago and I haven’t looked back.
My approach is one of compassion and mutual respect.
I’ll help you find your magic and slay your giants.
A little about my background…
- Classes in Acting Technique & Scene Study for working actors and those committed to pursuing professional careers at Larry Singer Studios (2006 – present)
- Full-time professor at Muhlenberg College, rated the Number One undergraduate theatre department in America by the Princeton Review 2011 (consistently in the top 10)
- Faculty member of the MFA School of the Arts Theatre Program at Columbia University (2002-2012)
- Taught and directed at New York University (1992-96, 2007) as part of CAP 21 – Founding Board Member
- American Academy of Dramatic Arts (1988-91)
- American Musical and Dramatic Academy (1990-95)
- The Michael Howard Studios (1989-2006) – Associate Director and Conservatory Director
- In demand private coach for actors. Clients include such notable young artists as Kerry Washington, Anson Mount, Teresa Palmer and Chriselle Almeida
- New York Productions of Franklin (2010) and Outside Sitka (2011) by award winning playwright Josh Billig
- Over 40 productions for various conservatories and universities over the past two decades – including plays by Shakespeare, Odets, Shaw, Inge, Shanley and Shepard, as well as original works
- Columbia’s MFA Program Graduate productions (2007-2009)
- Number One Acting and Scene Study Teacher – Backstage Reader’s Choice Award 2011
- Meritorious Service Award for contributions to peace through culture and education (2006)
- Broadway debut in the comedy GEMINI (1980)
- Off-Broadway as the lead in ANDORA by Max Frisch
- Various roles at E.S.T. and Circle Rep Lab
- Regional theatres, Commercials, Television, and Film
- BFA from Boston University (1977)